Work continues! Decided to make a window in the front panel of the case to view the reservoir, which will be filled with Primochill's amazing new Vue fluid. :D So the first thing I did was draw up a cutting template. I basically let the shape of the CM logo define the opening.
After using the cutting wheel for the straight lines, I drilled out the remaining curved areas with a small bit.
Once the hole was cut, I deburred and sanded the opening so I could add a strip of ABS around the edges for a nice clean finish, and give thickness to the panel.
A view from the front so far..
And then after rounding the edges and sanding the entire panel..
Finally, a shot with the reservoir. Now that I know where it needs to be, I can fabricate a nifty mounting bracket for it. And thanks to the C700P's interchangeability, there's no shortage of screw holes to utilize!
The original CM logo badge was an unfortunate casualty of the hole position and was lost, so I am relocating it down lower. But I didn't want to just move the thin metal badge down and re-glue it, I felt compelled to enhance it.. make a more elegant and fitting badge for this case. :)
So first step was to establish the center of the panel, and mark the new location of the logo. I had a few small logos cut along with all the other acrylic.
Once the logo was on center and traced, it could cut it out. I made sure to keep inside the line so I can trim out to it.
Initially using the dremel and then some files, I carefully removed just enough material so the logo fit snugly into the hole.
Next I turned the panel over and added a piece of scrap acrylic that I scuffed up to the back of the hole. A single white led in the center should be plenty to light up the logo.
I painted the center of the logo badge, but left the outer ring clear, as that is the only part I want illuminated.
Here it is with the logo pieces in place over the lit acrylic backing. I didnt want to include the actual Cooler Master lettering, as it's not really necessary. Just the well-known shape of the logo is enough to identify it!
Now the front panel is ready for final finishing! Stay tuned...