Destiny 2 Project

What's up guys ... Starting another project and this time based on Destiny 2. This time will not be scratch, it will be based on the cool H500P from Cooler Master. This case is very cool, check what has arrived for the project:

Yes, the project will be based on the case H500P Cooler Master, which in my opinion combines much with the theme. I would like to thank Cooler Master Brasil, Gigabyte, Crucial, Ballistix, Pichau and Titan. Here are some pictures of this set:

Continuing, complete disassembly of the case:

Beginning to sand the carcass for the painting. Every structure will receive a dark gray. This part was made with 4 hands, according to the photos, because my teenager loves to play the projects with me ;)

Marking the medium to mask...

Masking, leaving only ~ 2mm for groove space..

Make a groove with micro-grinding...

Groove detail...


Sanding the parts for painting and cleaning...

Passing sealer and then painting in white...

1200 grit to give matte finish in painting.

Reassembling the structure ...

Mounting motherboard and M.2

Taking labels ... After all, my case is not a supermarket ... = P

Mounting the radiator on the H500P bracket

Installing this Ballistrix memo

organizing the wires ...

Placing neodymium magnets on the LED strip to facilitate placement and removal of the case, as the tapes end up over the covers.

I used a sheet to mark the recess of that cover that covers the wires. I'll go over that to the acrylic and cut it into several pieces.

Masking the case with a carcass already mounted, to make the details of the dirt, which is in the armor of Titan in the game.

As the Airbrush pen gave trouble and I did not have time to fix it, I ended up doing the dirt effect, otherwise ... I used a spray to throw water under the surface. I passed the spray in gray. And I came scraping with the rough side of the sponge.

Unmasking ...

Putting a custom cover over M.2

Putting vinyl with the class logo in the game and with the name, in the cover of the HDs and in the cover of the back of the mobo.

Follow a little of the electrical part. I used the RGB controller on the motherboard to control the color of all project fans. Here are the Y photos I needed to connect them:

I used an Arduino Uno to control the two LED tapes. Although they are RGB, I will use only the white color, but I will use the fact that they are addressable to make an effect.

I used the empty HD bay to install the Arduino.

LED Strip Result:

For anyone who wants to know the code I used, this is the one below. Obs, you need to use the FastLED library.

#include "FastLED.h"
#define NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP 107
#define BRIGHTNESS 200
uint8_t gHue = 0;
void setup() {
FastLED.addLeds<WS2812, 3, GRB>(leds, NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP);
FastLED.addLeds<WS2812, 5, GRB>(leds, NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP);
FastLED.setBrightness( BRIGHTNESS );
void loop() {
void sinelon()
// a colored dot sweeping back and forth, with fading trails
fadeToBlackBy( leds, NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP, 1);
int pos = beatsin16( 13, 0, NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP-1 );
leds[pos] += CRGB( 255, 255, 255);

Here are the final photos of the case:

Thx all...

242 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All