Next up, I was working on the wings.
Started by sanding down all the flat surfaces.
To recreate the sharp edges on the lines, I used a needle file.
This step was neccessary to make all gaps the same size.
Then all parts of the wings were glued together. Again, I used short steel rods to
make the connection really strong. This will be needed later for the moving
mechanism, cause I am not trusting glue alone. In addition, I included a ribon cable
for the LEDs. Better to do it now, cause later would be a bit tricky to get the cable all
the way through.
After I filled some smaller gaps, all 4 wings got one quick wet sanding.
And then dry before the next step.
A layer of spray filler was applied to see were some more spots needs additional attention.
Tomorrow, I will wet sand again and work on the turbines. Then the pieces will be connected, so stay tuned. More progress to come shortly.