So here is another randering of the 3D model. Still not 100% finished.
But you can see were it is going.
Cant make any update on the hardware yet, but believe my it will arrive soon :D
Let the printing begin.
For this model I am just starting at the front and make my way all the way to the back.
So the first two parts were printed. Each took roughly 10-12 hours to print but I am sure some other parts will need longer,
cause I still got some room on my heatbed.
After sanding, I glued both parts together. As you can see in the picture, I used small metal rods to strenghten up the connection.
I just don trust crazy glue alone for such a big model.
To hide the gaps and smoothen out some rough spots, I used some Miliput, a two part expoy putty. After sanding it down,
I continued with some more bondo to really smooth out the surface.
While bondo on the first parts dried, I printed out the next pieces.
And sanding again. I really want to get the sufrace as smooth as possible, before priming.
That way I have to use much less filler to fill in the deep spots.